- The period 1959-1965 was named the Surabaya Branch of the Veterans Enterprise Administration Academy.
- In 1968 changed its name to the Veteran Branch of the East Java National Development College (PTPN).
- During the period 1976 – 1994 there was a change in the status of PTPN Veteran East Java Branch as a Public Service under the guidance of the Indonesian Department of Defense Security.
- In 1977 changed its name to the East Java Branch of Veterans National Development University.
- In 1995 it was changed to Private Higher Education with the name of UPN Veteran East Java, which was operationally under the guidance of the Sudirman Great Financial Foundation and functionally under the guidance of the Indonesian Ministry of Defense and Security.
- In 2007 UPN Veteran was operationally under the guidance of the Education and Housing Welfare Foundation which was functionally under the guidance of the Indonesian Ministry of Defense.
- In accordance with the progress and progress that has been achieved, the UPN Veteran East Java is projected by the Ministry of Defense to become a State University (PTN).
- Monday, October 6, 2014, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono signed an inscription that marked the legalization of UPN “Veteran” East Java to become a PTN.